Friday, September 08, 2006

Harrington on Hold'em arrives

Well books have finally arrived and I must say that I am already very impressed with what I have read so far, I am only a few chapters into it and things that seemed very fuzzy before now seem very clear, will post a full review once I have finished reading.

The Plan is to read both books from start to finish then reread the books whilst taking notes, I am already thinking about purchasing VOL3 which from what I have read on the NET appears to be a workbook. As far a study is concerned I think the best approach is to bombared your brain with as many learning methods as possible this way stuff you miss whilst reading, you pick up when taking notes, what you miss when taking notes you pick whilst playing.

The more I play and study Poker the more I realize there is to learn. I have heard it said that Poker takes 5 minutes to learn how to play and a life time to master, never a truer word spoken sometimes feel like I have started some never ending Chinese puzzle, and get so frustrated in trying to make it things work and other times everything just flows sometimes this is down to the cards that are dealt but most the time this is just pure state of mind.

So how do we achieve this state of mind? Well I don't think it boils down to one single factor, in fact I think there are several different variables that go into a good state of mind at the poker tables including:

1.)Knowing your Game - The more you have learned about Poker from study before you hit the tables the easier it is to study the table.

2.)Getting Enough Sleep - This has probably been the biggest factor in the times that I have gone on tilt at the table.

3.)Eating Right - When you eat junk food you feel like crap and it has a strong bearing on mental capacity.

4.)Meditation - You may laugh but a lot of the top pros do it, regular meditation develops good concentration, and concentration lapses at the poker table can be very expensive.

No comments: