Monday, September 11, 2006

Poker Academy

A couple of months ago I finally decided that I needed to find away to learning Poker without loosing a shitload of money I had tried the play money tables and decided they were a waste of time people tend to play a whole lot differently when they have to part with there own money. I decided to Check out some of the Poker training software, after doing a bit of research it looked like there were 2 big names Wilson's software and Poker Academy. After reading this article http://www.discoverychannel.ca/science/luck_lab/pokerbot/ on the Discovery channel web site I decided to go for Poker Academy.

The software was not cheap at $120 for the pro version but after having used Poker Academy for a couple of months I feel it has really helped me improve my game it is an invaluable tool in my progress. The bots are programmed so that they are able to learn your play and after a few hundred hands they get progressively smarter, whilst playing at the table on the right hand side of the screen you can view Stats such as Win Rate. Pot Odds and Hand Strength also the software comes with its own advisor that offers hand advise at each stage of the betting round.

The software is for Limit, No-Limit and Tournament Texas Holdem, My current plan is to implement the advice I am reading in the Harrington Books on using Poker Academy and once I am ready start playing the Small Stakes Online Tournaments.

I have read about two thirds of the first Harrington volume and I have already won two of the Poker Academy Tournaments that I was previously unable to beat, I really like the way things are going at the moment and feel that more and more things are starting to fit into place.

No comments: