Tuesday, September 26, 2006

There's No Limit

Well at the start of last night I had about $4 in my Ultimate Bet account needless to say this did not last very long, and I ended up making another $25 deposit, which is something I was not too happy about doing, but degenerate gambler that I am I could not help myself.

I spent about 3 hours of the evening playing $.50 cent No Limit 6 person max cash tables, and ended the evening with $75 dollars in my account. Out of all the Hold'em games I think the my favourite has to be the short handed No Limit tables as the action is fast and for the good player there is the opportunity to make a lot of money in these types of games. However all that aside I have never really been any good at these type of games before.

I had something of an eureka last night as far as profitable play in the short handed tables is concerned and that was to respect your opponents preflop raises IE. fold all marginally playable hands such as small suited connectors and low pairs when under a raise. I think that the amount of poker tournaments I have played in recently have really helped me play a very tight but aggressive cash game. I think whilst I am still learning and improving my game the key is to play very tight and protect my bankroll which is in essence my poker scholarship fund.

Bankroll = $75

No comments: