Monday, September 04, 2006

Knowledge

This month I will be 28 and my plan is to be playing poker for a living before my 30th birthday. Considering the fact that I am as not yet a winning player (although I have had the occasional modest online win only to loose it all the following day) then this probably sounds a little presumptuous , however I firmly believe this is a game that can be beat, and more to the point I can beat the game.

As an example how many times in the past have you come across a problem and thought I can't solve it there is no solution to this problem, you have gone over and over the problem without success then all of a sudden you have had a eureka moment and the solution to the problem that you spent hours or days wrestling with suddenly seems easy if not obvious.

"Knowledge reveals itself to those that diligently pursue it."

After spending several months hoping between playing Limit and No Limit Hold 'em I have decided to play Tournament No Limit Hold 'em with a view to some time in the future playing the No Limit cash games. I looked around on Amazon at Tournament poker book reviews and decided to order Harrington on Hold 'em Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 these books had nearly 200, 5 star reviews! The books should arrive tomorrow or the day after and I am really looking forward to getting them.

No comments: